Health Tip: Using Glaucoma Eye Drops
To be safe and effective, however, these eye drops must be used as prescribed by a doctor.
The U.S. National Eye Institute offers these suggestions:
- Wash yourhands before use.
- Hold the bottle of drops upsidedown and tilt your headback.
- With the hand that isn’t holding the medicine, pull down your lower eyelid to form apocket.
- Squeeze the bottle gently to place a drop into the lower eyelid. If you’ve been prescribed more than one drop per eye, wait at least 5 minutes before applying the secondset of drops.
- Close your eye or press the lower lid lightly with your finger for at least one minute. This will keep the medicine in the eye and prevent it from draining into the tear duct.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Medical News Headlines
- Could a Tattoo Someday Spot Your Cancer?
- Drinking May Worsen Hearing Loss at Loud Concerts
- Even Flies Enjoy Ejaculation: Study
- Early and Quick Turnaround Deployments Increase U.S. Soldiers' Suicide Risk: Study
- Addictive Opioids Still Overprescribed After Surgery: Study
- Health Tip: Screening for Cancer in Older Adults
- Health Tip: Learn Symptoms of Appendicitis
- When Does Online Gaming Become an Addiction?
- U.S. Better Able to Tackle Health Emergencies: Report
- Keep Eating Veggies (and Fruits) for Better Health
- Dengue Vaccine Use Should Be Restricted: WHO
- Doctor Who Gave Name to Asperger's Syndrome Worked With Nazis: Report
- Gene Change May Have Helped Indonesia's Deep-Sea Divers
- Healthy Diet, Healthy Eyes